Each degree and certificate program has specific admission requirements. Consult the section applicable to the program or certificate of interest for information on its admission requirements.

  • Stanton University advises prospective students that they must supply complete and accurate information on the application for admission and on all other university forms. Further, applicants must submit authentic and official transcripts of all previous academic work attempted as well as all records of military and vocational training. Transcripts will be evaluated and credit will be given, as appropriate, in accordance with the university’s transfer credit and assessment of prior training policy.
    • Important: Failure to file complete, accurate and authentic application documents may result in denial of admission, cancellation of academic credit, suspension, or expulsion.
  • A transcript is official if:
    • (a) it is sent directly from the school of origin to the Office of Admissions and Records at Stanton University,
    • (b) bears the official seal of the school of origin and the Custodian of Record’s signature
    • (c) is approved after being reviewed by Stanton University’s Office of Admissions and Records
  • Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for preliminary evaluation; however, official transcripts must be on file before official admission to a degree or certificate program will be granted to qualified applicants.

Information for International Students

Stanton University welcomes applications from nonimmigrant F-1 visa students. Acceptance into a program is necessary before the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (formerly INS) Form I-20 (Certificate of Eligibility) is issued by the university’s International Student Admissions Officer (ISAO). The decision to grant an acceptance will be based on all evidence received prior to the deadline. Students may contact the ISAO at SU to request forms or information

  1. International students must register for and maintain a full-time program of study in the academic program in which they are enrolled. A full-time program of study is 12 quarter units or more per quarter for undergraduate students and 8 units for Master’s students. Part-time F-1 status is not permitted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service. The registration status and academic performance of all international students will be monitored by the University.
  2. Photocopies of passport and/or U.S. Visa must be submitted with an application.
  3. Prospective international students are advised that they must comply with all requirements of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS) and of SU to be admitted as international students.
  4. A transfer student from a college/university accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, must:
    • Follow set transfer procedures of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS), and
    • Have pursued a full-time course of study with a minimum GPA of 2.0 (“C”) at the college/university the student was last authorized to attend (an official transcript must be filed).


  • U.S. residents – $100
  • International students – $200

The application fee is non-refundable and is valid for up to one year from the date processed.


    1. Each international student must submit verification of sufficient financial resources. The verification must indicate the ability of the student to finance each year’s education and living expenses to the satisfaction of the ISAO. The amount of financial resources required varies by the program the student plans to enroll in. The ISAO will provide each student with the specific amount required.
    2. An international student attending the University must pay all mandatory fees, enrollment fees and other fees paid by resident students.
    3. An international student may not accept off-campus employment while attending the University unless approval is granted by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS) and the ISAO.


An international student whose native language is not English, who plans to enroll in a program taught in English, must meet the University’s English Language Proficiency Requirement to be considered for admission.

Important Admissions Information for International Students.

If you have graduated from an university or high school outside of the United States, you are required to submit an official copy of both your transcriptions and diploma/certificate of graduation from the academic institutions before you can apply to Stanton University.

Foreign transcripts and diploma/certificate of graduation must be evaluated by a government-approved agency that is a member of NACES or AICE such as International Evaluation Services (IES). This evaluation is required and necessary not only to validate your documents, but also to calculate your academic credits to determine whether or not you are qualified to enroll into your selected program.

If you have been admitted under special circumstances with a conditional enrollment agreement, you must submit all documents by the second week of the quarter. Failure to do so will automatically cancel your admissions status.